Day 23 ~ In The Interim

Distance: 3.11 miles
Time: 47:03
Pace: 15'05"
Calories: 398

You know when you start a job like cleaning out a drawer or a closet, or even bigger like remodeling a bathroom, and there is that point in the game when nothing is complete and things look way worse than when you started? That little voice in your head starts saying "why the crap did you start doing this?" Anyone? Just me? ok.

So many things are feeling this way right now. Oh so many balls in the air and I, well I am exhausted from juggling. Things are getting done, there is progress it is just so slow and I have found myself slap dab in the middle of incompletion. Yes, I know it has only been 23 days since I started this whole process. The fact that my brother is coming in a week has me in a race to complete at least a few things.

So, it's getting close to 11 pm, I have to bake a cake for a meeting tomorrow morning and I still need to do a few loads of laundry. This is because I spent several hours today being creative instead of doing what really needed to be done. But I do now have a scripture written in Edwardian script above the arch to my kitchen.

And this is what I need to practice daily...being still.

Somewhere in this interlude I have to find a quite place. Isn't life, itself, just one big interlude anyway?

Comments

Popular Posts