Day 21 ~ All the small things

Distance: 2.66 miles
Time: 41:42
Pace: 15'40"
Calories: 340

I managed to make it around the loop this morning although I stopped at Mom's house to pick up a few supplies and drove the 4-wheeler home from there. Last night was my first night to strength train which I did by doing Gilad's total body workout. I had much success with this before and I really like Gilad, I'm pretty sure he is a descendent of the gods. He tells me to squeeze my buttocks and reminds me that my body is where my heart, mind, and soul live. I like to be reminded of that. As I was awkwardly squatting and lunging (and apparently making painful grunting sounds), Kyle walked through the room. As he was leaving he turned to me and said, "it never gets any easier, NEVER!" I almost through my 5 pound weight at him. Kyle is THE most physically fit person I know. There is not an ounce of fat on him and he was just born with that natural athletic build. He has been a cheerleader and a gymnast, practicing for hours on end. For him to tell me that it doesn't get easier made me want to cry like a little girl.

When I awoke this morning, I thought..."oh, this isn't too bad." As the day wore on, however, my body started letting me know that I had indeed broken down my muscle tissue. Boy did I ever have a day. I finished my door project *hallelujah*!! I got my vision board constructed, but not filled with all of my visions. (I'll be posting pictures of it when I get a few more things on it) And...I managed to make a complete mess. While plowing through these projects, I succeeded in spreading out tools, paint, caulk, scraps of wood, scissors, extension cords, nail guns, air hoses, and somehow got dust on every surface of my house.

Now that I've got a few of the big things out of the way, I must now focus on the small things. Those things that never cease like laundry, dishes, dusting, vacuuming etc... My brother and his family are coming in just over a week and every body on the farm has been put on full-alert. This will probably mean very short blogs for the next week or so. So much to do, so much to do. It is all so exciting.

The good news is that I can feel a shift in myself, a good one. Even being in considerable discomfort today from the workout gave me some sense of accomplishment. The hard part is consistency and patience. These, too, will I try to conquer.

Comments

Popular Posts