Day 5 ~ Rest

I know, I know, rest is supposed to come on day 7 but I started late in the week which is just like me.

God rested on the 7th day and I believe that he wants us to rest as well. In fact, it's been harder for me today than any of the previous to focus or do my little research on rest...because I think my brain somehow knows it is Sunday and goes into hibernation. After worship services on Sunday, a switch flips in my head and I suddenly feel as if I'm running through a field of poppies with my dog and three of my best friends. I've often feared that if I should miss my nap on Sunday afternoon, I could very well throw the whole balance of the universe off kilter. It probably wouldn't happen, but I hate to risk it.

My Sunday's will be, as they always have been, set aside for a day of reflection, meditation, rest, and rejuvenation. That is why this blog will be short and will be my last "Sunday" blog. I will continue to blog Monday through Saturday with Saturday's being my weigh-in day. As you can see I've posted a weight chart and have given myself until my birthday, in April, to get to my goal. This is not a weight-loss blog, it is just one of the many things that I'm working on.

I hope all of you will rest your weary bodies and minds on Sunday's. God did.

Peace out!

Comments

  1. You have been my motivation to keeping to my day of rest. Over the years you've often spoke of your Sunday naps and I've always remembered how you stick to resting on this day.
    And I DID rest today and it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts