Day 28 ~ Perserverance

I've decided to quit posting my walking stats. It's the same road, the same # of miles. Should I accomplish a great victory and make the trip in record time, I'll be sure to share that triumph.

I read a quote this morning.

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." ~ Newt Gingrich

As I sat and took it in, absorbed the thought of hard work, exhaustion, and more hard work, tears began to sting my eyes. Not sure I can tell you exactly why. I know every time we sing the song...

Oh heart bowed down
Oh eyes that long for sight
There's gladness in believing
In Jesus there is light

Come unto me, all ye that labor
And are heavy laden, and I will give you rest
Take my yoke upon you and learn of me
For I am meek and lowly in heart
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

His peace is like a river
His love is like a song
His yoke's a burden never
'Tis easy all day long.

Why is it when I think of the easy burden of Jesus, do I feel so compelled to weep? I really don't think of myself as a burdened person, an overworked under-appreciated woman. There is just something about finding refuge in the arms of our creator that brings such overwhelming peace.

Every day is a new day to do better, to be better, to learn and to grow. I also heard somebody say recently, "when we get through changing, we're through." Which brings me back to perseverance. Keep on keeping on. I've been at this for 28 days and it feels like an eternity. There have already been moments of exhaustion and feelings of quitting. I don't think I've ever done anything consistently for 28 days. I can't wait to see where I'm sitting and what my head and heart will feel like at day 100, at day 250, or at day 365. This is when I might begin to understand the concept of perseverance.

I am writing this from my macbook. The fed ex box sits behind me awaiting me to give up my dependancy. This will be a test of my will power. Days without a machine??? Have I gone insane?? The fact is, it will never get fixed and back to me if I don't send it off. I will be finishing this blog, checking my email once more and shutting it down.

My calendar is so full for the next couple of weeks, I hardly know what to do. So shutting down "the machine" will probably benefit my progress of things needing to be done.

Peace to you. Go and find a quite place and rest in Christ.


Comments

  1. Bounced over from Ann's, and I've enjoyed your post.

    Perserverance can be so difficult. Good for you for seeing it through, and don't you worry, that little macbook will be back soon!

    Nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts