Day 1 (again)


A picture a day for 365 days. Initially I thought about taking a picture of every sunrise of the year but when I awoke this morning early, the sky was just a dull gray color and the sun was non existent. I forgot that happens sometimes. So, to try and polish my photography skills, I decided that I would find a different subject daily to photograph. I went in search of bald eagles this afternoon because I was told they'd been seen on the south fence line. I made quite a trek through the field and saw nary an eagle. It was a nice night for a walk anyway. As I made my way back to the road, I had to pass through the cattle herd. We've had several calves over the past few weeks and there were many photo-ops as I meandered through them.

I'll not go into great detail about each shot as I don't want to bog myself down with details. Which brings me to another resolution...simplification. Not sure exactly how this scatterbrained maniac can pull off a scaled down life. I could go on and on about needing to organize my utility room, get my finances in order, make my bed every morning etc...but it goes much deeper than that. It's that whole living in the moment thing, being present.

My brain is swimming with too too many things. So many things I want to accomplish and, with my level of patience, I want to do it all today and then be done. The thing is that I will never be done and I need to learn how to just stop and enjoy the moment.

So, I'll keep blogging, keep trying, keep doing my best, and perhaps by this time next year, there will be a healthier, happier, simpler woman living in my skin. In the meantime, I am looking forward to the journey.

Comments

Popular Posts