Day 17


This photo was not taken today. I needed something warm, bright, sunny, and cheery so I picked a picture from last spring. This picture also reminds me that I have daisies lying in wait. Somewhere under all that cold mud, their roots are clinging to the soil waiting for the day they are asked to emerge. Yes, I need to be reminded of this today

My day started with a busted lip. I leaned down to kiss Emma right as she raised her head and the collision caused quite a little bump right in the middle of my upper lip. I bled. I almost cried. She was sorry.

Then I started my fence project. I really don't want to go into details. I'll just say, I have blisters, a wind-burned face, a sore back and painful arthritic thumbs. I would also like to say that if anybody needs anything broken, tangled, lost, or basically just messed up...I'm your girl. I did get the fence installed. This included digging a trench across the driveway and under several gates, the most laborious part of the job. It also included walking about 50 miles back and forth up and down the existing fence. I've still got a couple of connections to make and then I have to test it before I can start the training with Emma.

All this labor took place in the drizzly, gray, cold, muddy muck. Exactly why I needed reminding that the sun will return (hopefully tomorrow!!). By the end of the day, all the dogs were a hideous mess, as was their mommy. When I finally found a stopping point this evening (only because the sun had gone down and I could no longer see) I had to bathe not only myself, but Sophie, Charlotte and Emma. It was a riot. I think tomorrow I need to blog about mud. City dwellers really have no clue what we deal with in the winter.

I've now had a warm bowl of soup and am feeling so much better. My flannel sheets are a calling.

Comments

Popular Posts