Day 24


I have been so reluctant to write anything regarding weight-loss. For one thing, I refuse to let it control me. My life is so much more than a number on a screen. This is the same reason I refuse to count calories or points or whatever. I was on weight watchers a long time ago, I lost some weight but couldn't keep up that routine of figuring points and writing them down. Most of this rebellion comes from my lack of self-discipline, some from the sheer torture on my attention deficit brain. The fact is, I KNOW what it takes for me to loose weight. Exercise.

Please don't misunderstand me. I look at labels, I consider what is and isn't going in my mouth but I do NOT fret over the calories in a bowl of ice-cream should I choose to treat myself. I love fruits and veggies, whole grains, and lean meats. I am not one that craves a greasy burger or needs to have coke because I just might die if I don't get it. For this, I am very thankful. I eat when I'm hungry and try to make sure that it is good fuel for my body. There have been enough times in life that I've filled up on crap just to feel like crap and there has been an awakening that tells me, "uh, I really don't like to feel like crap". It only took my 37 years to figure this out.

So, exercise it is. I've become more diligent in my daily routine and am fitting in a good workout almost every day. A new thing in my life is Zumba. My very first class was on Thursday and I was immediately hooked. By the time the hour was over, I was sweating profusely and oddly enough, very happy. I think I smiled the whole time. There was something about the music, the dancing, the variety of different women in the room and I was having a ball. I am planning on taking the class 2 days a week. This will shake up my routine and give me something to look forward to. The other days, I am going to walk or do the elliptical. For a person with attention deficit, doing a different activity daily is almost imperative.

I lost 2 pounds this week. Every time I think that one or two pounds is a drop in the bucket, I remind myself that Rome wasn't built in a day and that as long as the numbers are going down, I'm headed in the right direction. Sometimes I will get out a pound of butter and look it over really good and think, "wow, that is actually pretty impressive". So, today, I am proud of myself and feeling like I've got a little momentum going, and that is a good thing.

Comments

Popular Posts