Day 4

One of the things I wanted for Christmas this year was a new bible. I really love my old one but there are so many good study bibles available now. Instead of getting me a bible, Mom got me a gift card for me to pick my own. She said it was much too personal an item for her to pick it out herself. Smart lady! Anyway, I could hardly wait to find the one I wanted. Oddly enough, I picked the exact same bible that Mom has. Weird. It is a different color(s) but it is the exact same bible. Also, I had my name engraved in it. First time I've ever owned a bible with my name on the cover.


I've found myself carrying it around like a new doll or something. Yes, I've been reading it too, but it seems to be staying close to me. Also, I did a little researching on color coding scripture, highlighting different passages with specific colors to indicate a certain topic. It was suggested to use prismacolors, which I ordered online with great delight and excitedly tracked the package until it landed in my mailbox. I am still nailing down which color to use for which topic but one I have decided on is light blue for prayer. This is to indicate my prayers traversing the great expanse and settling at the throne of God. It's just my simple mind at work.

So, this morning, with my freshly sharpened prismacolor pencil, I highlighted the very first scripture of many. The pencils are oh so smooth, like buttah, and I had to control the urge to color the whole page blue.
Do not be anxious about anything...Phil 4:6
I need to repeat this almost every hour. Anxiety seems to be part of who I am. It is something I fight constantly. Having two teenagers doesn't help. But, peace is something I strive for continuously and, God is good.
Also, the edges of the pages of my new bible are silver. When I took it out of the box and opened it for the first time, it made that crackling sound as the new pages began to separate. Since I've had it, I've spent probably hours caressing the pages until they are all free and separated now. I have an urge to go back to the bible book store and take each bible out of it's box and do the same thing. I wonder if there is a job that would pay me to separate shiny silver bible pages?

Comments

Popular Posts