What I learned in 2013

It always amazes me to look back over a span of time and realize how much things have changed. And, since I seem to have a really bad case of writer's block, and life is extremely distracting these days (I've been distracted twice by people and dogs 3 times just writing these two sentences) I've decided I shall do my year-in-review in list form. 
Here's a few things I learned...

1. It's worth the extra money to buy Victoria Secret panties. 
2. My body is capable of change and stronger than I really ever knew. 
3. Contemplating where to hide a body is totally reasonable given the right circumstances. 
4. I can still feel like a giddy, gushing 12-year-old girl and blush when certain people are around...and like it. 
5. Just when you think you've got things figured out, you're wrong. 
6. Exercise doesn't have to be grueling and boring and is the best antidepressant I've ever taken. 
7. My friends don't have to be my age. 
8. Watching sunrises, stargazing, dancing, tongue-kissing, and laughter get me high. 
9. My age has nothing to do with my age. 
10. Dogs can learn sign-language. 
11. Eating grapes at 1:00 a.m. while letting the dog out to pee is addicting and.. louder than you'd think.
12. Fresh cow's milk is the bombdiggity. 
13. People can be cruel but I'm only responsible for my own attitude. 
14. Blu-Ray really is better
15. Mess doesn't bother me as much as it used to and, surprisingly, my house is staying cleaner. 
16. I don't have to feel guilty about needing a nap and can nap like a boss. 
17. There is no such thing as perfection. 
18. I am not responsible for living up to other people's expectations of me. 
19. The only thing I should expect of others is imperfection and love them anyway. 
20. There is a huge difference between someone being nice to you and someone not being mean. 
21. It feels really good to be paid a complement and, therefore, I want to compliment others more. 
22.  It makes people angry when you tell a secret that isn't yours to tell...even good ones. 
23. The anticipation of a new family member coming into the world is beyond exciting. 
24. Just when I think my heart has expanded as far as it can, it fills up with even more love. 
25. I can still get mad crushes. 
26. Waking up at 5:30 is kinda awesome. 
27. I'm more competitive than I realized. 
28. You can't always get what you want. 
29. Detox baths are amazing. 
30. Slathering myself in coconut oil after a shower feels so good, and makes my dogs lick me. 

I could probably go on...
Hope all my loved ones have a blessed year and learn how big your hearts can grow. 

Comments

Popular Posts